VIDA (Volunteer Initiatives Domestic and Abroad) Health Partnerships is the largest undergraduate student organization at IUPUI. Our primary purpose is to develop student partnerships for international and local health equity, as well as social justice. Through our 5 pillars - service, advocacy, fundraising, leadership, and ethics - VIDA members practice ethical service and leadership development through healthcare community building. In the spring of 2012, VIDA began its partnership with the SOC as Timmy Global Health providing front desk registration support and later became an official partner in 2015. In 2019, our organization branched away from Timmy Global Health and the creation of VIDA Health Partnerships began. With greater autonomy, we were able to better directly serve our partnerships with local and international service organizations such as the SOC.
The services we provide at the SOC include:
- Welcoming patients warmly to the clinic
- Checking in patients (COVID screening, registration, etc.)
- Collaborating with fellow partners to track patient flow and intake on the sign-in spreadsheet
- Distributing, collecting, and recording patient information and consent forms onto patient charts on online EMR
- Directing patients to various health partners at clinic
- Checking out patients after they have been seen by partners
Applications to become a Front Desk Volunteer (FDV) will open each semester to IUPUI undergraduate students. You must become a VIDA member in order to volunteer. If you are interested in learning more about VIDA and/or applying to become an FDV, please email the VIDA Director of IU-SOC at firstname.lastname@example.org.